This is Jake. He likes to go camping and can pitch a tent all by himself. That’s no surprise — He has completed those courses where you have to survive on your own for five days in the wilderness with nothing but a backpack of supplies. Jake is all sorts of proud with his survival skills.
See Jake’s smug mug in its solid colour glory, with bonus crappy calligraphy:
A little slow with this piece, because I was all:
- The sketch is out, I’m going to post it as it is.
- I should at least outline it.
- It looks plain. Some colour wouldn’t hurt.
- What pantone is Jake’s hair colour?
- The image’s too flat. A simple shadow layer will be quick to add.
- It’s late, I should post it now.
- Ooo look new brush pen from Japan that I bought as a self-encouragement to learn calligraphy.
- How does this pen work?
- Wow calligraphy is hard.
- Ok I’m not going to pick up calligraphy in a day. I should post now.